Senior Citizens in Digital Communities!
The aim of the project is to educate 200 people aged (60+) of 10 Greek cities on the use of financial products, services and procedures in a safe way, through one-day Training Workshops (5 hrs). The elderly are disadvantaged at the capability of using financial products and services, as most of them are not accustomed with the management and their use.
The afore mentioned financial products, services and procedures included in the project are: A) safe use of credit/debit card, B) online banking – purchases, C) bank account protection, D) loans management, E) special benefits to elderly by services of general interest
The Greek cities are: Nafpaktos, Chania, Veria, Kastoria, Lamia, Syros – Ermoupolis, Katerini, Rhodes, Volos, Messolonghi
The duration of the project is 11 months.
Fifty (50) of the trainees (5 people per Training Lab / City) will be selected to provide voluntary work on the object of the training program that they attended. An expected number of 252 people will take advantage of the project during its implementation (Beneficiaries).
The services will be provided through the relevant local installations of the EKEE (Local Branches) with the support of the EEKE Central Supporting Headquarters in Athens.
A Members’ Roaster and an Archive of Relevant Activities will be created via the complementary Skill Building Action in order to support and manage the whole project.
The implementation of the project includes the following actions:
1) Information, Awareness, Dissemination of Information
2) Recognition of Beneficiaries’ necessities
3) Manual of Use of Financial Products, Services and Procedures
4) Training Workshops # 1 – # 10
5) Assessment Workshops # 1- # 10
6) Selection of 5 trainees per Training Workshop to create the Local Service Team
7) Networking between the Local Branches with the Central Support Headquarters
8) the creation of Members’ Roaster and an Archive of Relevant Activities
10) Capability Building