ANNOUNCEMENT 4 MARCH 2022
Online Conference “The Digital Dimension of Violence Against Women”
Bodossaki Foundation and SolidarityNow as Active Citizens Fund Operator in Greece co-organize with Active Citizens Fund Operator in Cyprus (NGO Support Centre – GrantXpert Consulting Limited) the online conference “The Digital Dimension of Violence Against Women” in cooperation with the Council of Europe, the Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Security and the EEA Norway Grants SYNERGY Network against Gender-based and Domestic Violence.
Building on the first General Recommendation of the Council of Europe’s Group of Experts on Action against Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (GREVIO) the online conference, to be held on Thursday, 10th March, 2.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. (CET) will focus on ways to combat online and technology-facilitated violence.
The event will consist of presentations by a panel of leading experts on gender issues, as well as parallel working group discussions where participants will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and successful practices for combatting these challenges effectively.
The rapid evolution of information and communication technologies facilitates the creation of new forms of violence and direct access to women and girls, as non-consensual image or video capture and publication, exploitation, sexualised bullying, cyberflashing, technology-facilitated stalking, online psychological violence and economic abuse.
EEA & Norway Grants
ACF/SYNERGY Network Conference on the Digital Dimension of Violence against Women
10th March 2022
2.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. CET (3.00 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. ΕΕΤ)
2.00 p.m. | Welcome
On behalf of EEA & Norway Grants in Greece & Cyprus:
- Maria Fola, EEA Grants Advisor, Norwegian Embassy in Athens
On behalf of the organising partners:
- Jennifer Clarke, Programme Director, Active citizens fund Greece / Director of Programmes and Grants, Bodossaki Foundation
- Konstantina Karayianni, Programme Director, Active citizens fund Cyprus / President, NGO Support Centre
2.05 p.m. | Opening remarks:
- Yianna Hormova,Secretary General for Demography, Family Policy and Gender Equality, Hellenic Republic
- Iosifina AntoniouCommissioner for Gender Equality, Republic of Cyprus
2.15 p.m. | Expert panel presentations
- Aleid van den Brink, Member of the Council of Europe’s Group of Experts on Action against Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (GREVIO):: Introduction to the themes and background to the General Recommendation.
- Elif Sariaydin, Violence Against Women Division,Secretariat of the Istanbul Convention monitoring mechanism, Council of Europe: Presentation of the General Recommendation and promising practice
- Olivia Soave, Senior External Relations Manager, Kaspersky: Technology solutions for fighting online gender-based violence
- Eleonora Esposito, Gender-based violence Seconded National Expert European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE): EIGE’s work on cyberviolence against women and girls
3.00 p.m. | Parallel working groups (in breakout rooms) for idea and successful practices exchange on different sub-themes:
- Sexual Harassment
- Psychological violence
An expert- consultant will be appointed to each breakout room to coordinate/ facilitate the discussion. Participating facilitators:
- Claire Guiraud, CoE Expert and Former Secretary General of Haut Conseil à l’Egalité.
- Pille Tsopp PaganProtection Expert and Member of Board, NPO Women’s Support and Information Centre
- Marijke Weewauters, Advisor, Belgian Institute for Equality of Men and Women
- Sami Nevala, Policy Coordinator – Statistics Research & Data Unit of European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
3.50 p.m. | Return to plenary for conclusions
4.20 p.m. | Closing remarks:
- Caterina Bolognese, Head of Gender Equality Division, Council of Europe