The Green Tank is an independent, non-profit think tank developing policy solutions for a sustainable future.
Our work relates to the three pillars of sustainable development: environment – economy – society, with emphasis on:
- Biodiversity conservation and the sustainable management of natural resources and ecosystems;
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation, decarbonization with a simultaneous shift to renewable energy sources, energy efficiency and energy savings;
- Transition towards a sustainable economy;
- Social well-being, social cohesion and the improvement of people’s quality of life.
Aiming at contributing to the protection of the environment, tackling climate change and the advancement of sustainable development, we:
- Foster interaction and collaboration with key actors and organizations;
- Partake in and strengthen the public discourse;
- Monitor, research and analyze the scientific, policy and legal developments;
- Formulate well-documented proposals and develop alternative options that are addressed to stakeholders and decision-makers.
The Green Tank is a young organization that builds on the long standing experience and expertise of its founding partner team on environmental policy.