Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP)
The Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) is an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit think tank, established in Athens, Greece, in 1988. Its mission is to conduct policy-oriented research and provide policy makers, academics and the public at large with authoritative information and substantiated policy recommendations, to contribute to the development of evidence-based responses to major European and foreign policy challenges.
ELIAMEP’ s expertise spans over a wide range of geographic and functional areas:
- EU institutions and policies
- security, international relations and conflict resolution (with a special focus on the Balkans, the Black Sea, the former Soviet space, the Mediterranean/Middle East and Asia)
- the management of migration
- transatlantic relations
- democracy, human rights and civic participation
- good governance and the rule of law
- gender equality as a cross-cutting theme
- religion, culture and diversity
- the role of mass media in the era of fake news
- socioeconomic development, employment and cohesion
- energy, sustainability and climate change.
ELIAMEP is committed to excellence, open dialogue and policy deliberation, research, training and any other undertaking that falls within its spheres of interest. Based on international rankings, ELIAMEP is one of the leading think tanks at the regional, European and international level.