Creation of a Network of Organizations in the Trichonida lake for the environmental awareness of the residents of Thermo and Agrinio area
In recent years the modern way of life affects the way of life of people living around Lake Trichonida, with the latter possessing one of the richest ecosystems in Greece. Despite the direct relationship of the inhabitants with nature, a large absence in environmental awareness can be witnessed..
The need to create a network of organizations around Lake Trichonida, arises as an overriding objective for mobilizing residents in terms of environmental management and upgrading of the area through a series of actions. The members of the Network under establishment are:
1. INSTITUTE OF CREATION-RESEARCH-DEVELOPMENT OF THERMOS
2. PETROCHORIES ASSOCIATION OF TRICHONIDA
3. HISTORIC AND FOLKLORIC COMPANY OF WESTERN CENTRAL GREECE
4. COMPANY OF FRIENDS OF MUSEUMS AND ARCHEOLOGICAL PLACES OF THEROMS
5. HISTORIC FOLKLORIC ASSOCIATION OF KONISKA
6. THERMOS MIXED SPORTS CLUB
7. MOUNTAINEERING ASSOCIATION OF AGRINION
8. CULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF TRICHONIUM “THE SAINT PARASKEYI”
9. CULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTOS CAPRALOS
10. CULTURE ASSOCIATION OF KAINOURGIOS “THE THESTIOIS”
11. CULTURE ASSOCIATION OF KAZANAIIKON “Agios Georgios”
12. YOUTH ASSOCIATION OF SOFIA “ARTEMIS EMON”
13. DO-MOVEMENT OF CITIZENS FOR AITOLOAKARNANIA
14. FRIENDS OF MYRTIA ASSOCIATION, “GOURITSA”
The project aims at the protection and conservation of the ecosystem of Lake Trichonida through actions of education, training and support of the inhabitants of the area as well as actions to transfer experience from good practices to similar areas by experts. Last but not least, it is planned to create an electronic repository that will provide access to information regarding the rich ecosystem of the Lake and its sustainability.
The promoter of the project is the Institute of Creativity-Research-Development of Thermos (I.D.E.A.P.Th.) which will undertake the overall management of the project and actions while cooperating with the organizations for the creation of the Network and the electronic repository.